The FREQUENCY-IRELAND Music Alternative

An independent voice on choice sounds from the alternative/underground music scene in Ireland.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

My Brother Woody

My Brother Woody uploaded a few tracks from the forthcoming album, titled 'It's A Long Way From That Sort Of Thing You Were Raised'. The album is due sometime next April or so. Track 'Wish I Was A DJ' recently received a big thumbs up from the mp3hugger blog for capturing that Beach Boys meets Teenage Fanclub without sounding to have a particular need to sell out to the masses. I couldn't agree more, it's a rather excellent tune.

While it’s a music not to my general tastes, it would be hard to knock it for what it is, cosey indiepop with melodies and harmonies which will effortlessly work their way into your head and make you feel it was summer again. In that light, the choice track of those currently available on the myspace page is 'Hanging Around' which perhaps best captures the mood of what My Brother Woody does best in a carefree indiepop spirit, although the more laid back 'Another Wave of Harmony', the opening track to the forthcoming album also has a lot of charm. These tracks can be previewed on the My Brother Woody myspace, where the track 'Wish I Was A DJ' is available for download.

Related Links:

http://www.myspace.com/mybrotherwoody